Teeth are the most important part of the human body and are most often ignored than not by us. Teeth have connections to all the parts of the nervous system and are one of the most important parts of the human body. Hence, those need regular check-ups and clean ups and is highly recommended by doctors in American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry to have it checked up every 6 months.
Kids grow gradually and undergo several changes and so do their teeth. Here are few reasons why it should be checked on a regular basis.
1. Finding Cavities at an earlier stage – Cavities when found at an earlier stage are easier to treat than after some time. The cavities are generally too harmful which may sometimes spread to nearby teeth too when left untreated and causes a lot of pain. Sometimes, it may result in root canal treatment too which is extremely harmful process for the kids. Thus it can save a lot of time, money and energy when treated early.
2. Dental Cleaning – It is recommended the kids have a dental cleaning process twice a year. The dental cleaning is generally a power wash for the mouth which removes all cavity causing bacteria and makes the teeth smooth and clean. The cleaning removes all bacteria that stick around the mouth which cannot be cleaning by brushing alone and prevents from cavities.
3. Make sure Adult Teeth are coming fine – The age when the baby teeth fall out and adult teeth come should be treated with utmost care. Sometimes baby teeth fall out soon and adult teeth come in a bent or crooked way which may lead to a bad smile. They can be seen and treated with care by regular visits. The alignment of adult teeth is very important.
4. Teaching and educating the Kid – When the kids visit the dentist, they just don’t examine and clean the teeth, they see the process and learn how to care for their teeth. They get over the fear of checkups. Also, doctors can teach them various brushing techniques and ask them to follow it to have white and clean teeth. This practice follows for the lifetime of the child.
5. Prevention is better than cure – Last but not the least, it’s always better to feel safe than sorry. Regular checkups will help us keep a track of how teeth are instead of complaining about it later.
Hence, try to take you kid to your dentist at least twice a year to help them have a good and problem free teeth throughout their life. If you are looking for best cosmetic dentist in Vancouver then you should opt for Dentist Vancouver City.